Marina Office Staff
Reports To: Marina Office Manager
With the guidance of the office manager, MARINA OFFICE STAFF are required to handle all administrative tasks in a busy marina as well as provide superior customer service to our guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- General phone coverage
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Process reservations, deposits and payments
- Provide concierge service to all marina guests
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner for all marina guests, visitors or walk-in customers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the marina office
- Manage office supplies and materials as directed by the Office Manager
- Create accurate daily and weekly reports for the Office Manager.
- May be asked to assist dock staff after proper training
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Oral & Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Teamwork & Organizational Support - Works well in team environment, follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills & Other Qualifications
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint are helpful.
- Must be able to work irregular hours, weekends and holidays.
Marina Office Manager, Newport Yachting Center Marina
(401) 846-1600, ext. 4