Newport Yachting Center/Hammetts Wharf Facility Mechanic
Reports To: Regional Facilities Manager
The Hammetts Wharf/Newport Yachting Center is a +/- 4 acre property located on the waterfront in downtown Newport Rhode Island. The site includes a newly constructed 45,000 square foot mixed use building (hotel, restaurant, retail) several triple-net restaurant leases, an operating marina and surface parking. The property sits in the heart of Newport's retail and tourism activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Respond to service calls received from Service Dispatch, Scotts Wharf Site Operations Manager and General Manager
- Diagnose repair needs for a wide range of building
- Complete repairs based on scope and capabilities
- Communicate with Service Dispatch and Scotts Wharf Site Operations Manager and General Manager
- Communicate with vendors on needed repairs and timing
- Complete scheduled project work
- Conduct site visits to perform Preventative Maintenance need on Scotts Wharf Property and Hammetts Wharf Hotel
- Communicate with Hotel and Wharf Management team and Hotel Guests on facility and service related items
- Be able to respond to after-hours calls and participate in On-Call Schedule
- Have a clean driving record and BCI check
- Have tools needed to make wide range of repairs including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Carpentry
- Be able to send and receive emails
- Have basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Display the ability to work in a team environment
- Display organizational and time management skills
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Display ethical conduct
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/GED
- 10+ years of experience in facility maintenance or related field
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, as early as 6:00am and as late as 7:00pm and will be required to occasionally work evenings and weekends
Work Environment / Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to conditions outside a normal office environment such as working in hot, cold, dusty conditions with moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds without assistance and up to 140 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Newport Yachting Center